Followers

Thursday, May 31, 2012

I am enjoying my Pampered Chef goodies. I thought I would share two of my favorites with you this morning.  Now I do not even know the name of the black utensil but it is used to break up ground beef as you are browning it. You can also use it to break up anything that is dense as you are cooking it!! Several of my friends have raved about this little gem so I had to get one. But so far, the other gadget is my favorite. It makes sandwiches just like those Crustables that the little ones like. Haven't heard of a Crustable?  They are little sandwiches with no crusts that can be found in the frozen food section of the grocery store. They are a bit pricey for a plain peanut butter and jelly sandwich with crimped edges so I have never purchased them for the kiddos. But when I saw that Pampered Chef carried this tool, I knew my grands could enjoy fancy food without the expense! I got the chance to try out my gadget yesterday while the grands were here. Kendall refuses to eat crusts of any kind so she was surprised to get a Fancy Peanut Butter Sandwich yesterday at lunchtime. To make your own crustable, you prepare the sandwich, then postion the sandwich maker over the bread. Push down to cut it out...similar to a biscuit cutter. Then you push the knob in the middle and it crimps the edges shut!! Amazing and it does not take too much effort for ole Nana to produce a fancy and tasty tidbit! It works great on peanut butter sandwiches or any "spreadable" sandwich such as pimento cheese, chicken salad etc.  You can also use this product to make filled cookies or fruit pies. It will mainly be a sandwich maker at my house. If you have the chance to attend a Pampered Chef party, you will find that they have lots of unique products!

4 comments:

Mrs.T said...

These look so nifty, Arlene! I especially like the idea of the sandwich maker. My grandkids might enjoy this type of sandwich, too. Guess I will have to pay attention next time someone talks about a Pampered Chef party!

Unknown said...

I love my Mix n'Chop also - no more clumpy ground beef! I think I also have the Cut N Seal but can't remember which drawer I hid it in!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for reminding me of those Pampered Chef product names! I am sure that Pampered Chef wants everyone to know what to order!!lol....

Mrs R. said...

Arlene, I do like that sandwich crimper. What a nifty idea!