Followers

Friday, May 25, 2012




I had my last birthday celebration with my best friends yesterday. You can tell by my gifts that we all love PAPER. We love to write notes, we love to have pretty notepads for our fridges and we just enjoy the written word!! Deborah got me a set of notepads for my fridge...a different one for each month, as well as some Mary Engelbreit notecards and that pretty totebag that will be perfect for trips to the library. Susan gave a  new pad to write on and at the bottom, there are tear off quotes that you can share with others. They are perfect to tuck in a lunchbox, a card or to just leave a sweet note for your hubby. Susan also got me a really useful gift and  I forgot to take a picture of it. I am always hot, especially at night so she gave me a small fan that I can sit on my bedside table. With the temps climbing into the 90s this weekend, I have a feeling my little fan will come in handy. Let's just say that this season of life is really hot!! :)

Today I will have Kendall and Landon for the morning. I am planning a trip to the library. Kendall loved the library last summer so we want to keep up her joy of reading. It will be Landon's first time to go with us. Each child may check out three books and one dvd. Kendall writes in a journal at school so I plan to buy a journal for Kendall and one for Nana so we can practice our writing skills. We will write about all the things we do here in Nanaland as well as all our hopes and dreams. At the end of the summer I will tuck away the journal in her memory box and when she is grown, she can look back and see what her six year old self thought about life.

Hope you all have a great Memorial Day Weekend....we are cooking out on Saturday with the family. It will be a fun start to Summer!




2 comments:

Mrs R. said...

Arlene, what sweet gifts! I LOVE paper too. It is beautiful. :D Have a wonderful weekend.

Mrs.T said...

I love paper as well. Thanks for sharing with us. What sweet, generous friends you have, and that bag with your initial is simply adorable!