Followers

Sunday, May 20, 2012

It is always good to get something accomplished that you have been "thinking about doing" for a long time. Marvin and I have had two boxes of photographs etc that belonged to his parents and we were given the job of sorting them out and sharing them with the Grimm siblings. Last week we sorted the pictures into families and eras. Yesterday we scanned about half of them into our computer! What a job!! We still have a lot to do but just getting started on accomplishing this goal felt good. Of course today I am 'stuffy" from all the old dust I inhaled yesterday. At the end of the day, I sat down with my kindle last   to enjoy some reading. If you have a kindle, you should explore E reader and Pixel of Ink. Just google these sites and sign up for their daily email. These sites will direct you to Free Books for your kindle! Some that I have downloaded were stinkers and I deleted them right away but I have found some really good books as well. At the moment I am reading Charlotte Collins by Jennifer Becton. If you are a Jane Austen fan, you will recognize Charlotte Collins as the dear friend of Elizabeth Bennet Darcy. When it comes to books in the style of Pride and Prejudice, I just cannot resist trying them!! As this one is free on Kindle right now, I decided to download it  and so far so good!!  I guess I always had a soft spot for Charlotte as she married Reverend Collins because she knew the advantage of marriage in that society. She knew what she was doing but felt that the pluses outweighed the minuses in this situation. I will share that as the book opens, Reverend Collins is being born to his final resting place in the cemetery at his church. After seven years of marriage and the death of a child, Charlotte must find a new life for herself. I am looking forward to seeing what happens to Charlotte!  And now off to church. Have a blessed day friends.

No comments: