Followers

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Well after taking a blog break, I have decided to rejoin blogdom! I realized that I missed sharing my life with all my friends and family. And I just enjoy writing!

I have changed my blog name to Nanaland as being a Nana is the most important calling I have in this season of life. Kendall, Landon, Margaret and Baylor are pure joy to me and to Grandpa! Kendall is now six and is finishing up Kindergarten. She loves crafts, making up games and playing on the computer. Landon is three and Thomas the Tank Engine is his favorite toy. Grandpa recently got out his boyhood train and he and Landon have such a good time playing trains. Soon Baylor will be able to join in the fun as well. Margaret is two and what a whirlwind of activity she is! She loves her "Bubba"(Landon) and she loves to talk. The David books are still the books that Margaret and Bubba ask me to read over and over again!! Baylor is one year old now and cruises but has yet to let go and walk. I am sure that will come one day soon. He is a sweetheart with a smile that lights up the room.

On the Grimm family front, there have been some changes. Ben and Katy are moving to Birmingham in June. While it is just an hour and 20 minutes from Decatur, it will be a big adjustment for all of us. Grandpa and I are glad that gas prices are going down as we will be burning up the road to Bham. Amelia is now a single mom and working part time. Nick's mom, Debbie and I keep the children. We are glad that we have a good relationship with Nick and his family. Charles and Nancy continue to work and play hard. They have planted a garden this year and we hope they will share some of its bounty with us.

I am finishing up my year as a Grandmother of Preschoolers at our MOPs group at First Bible Church. I have enjoyed it so much and I look forward to returning as a GOP in the fall.  Our Library Book Group at the Decatur Public Library is another activity I look forward to each month. These ladies and gentlemen are dedicated readers and I love being a part of that group. Many of us will be attending a fundraising luncheon in June on behalf of our public library. Author, Mary Kay Andrews, will be the speaker and I am looking forward to hearing what she has to share with us!

So now that I am BACK, I plan to share some of the projects I have done around the house in the last six months. Sharing them on Facebook is just not the same!!  I have some new recipes and some books to recommend too!  Thanks for visiting with me!!!

6 comments:

Dewilla Hooper said...

Welcome baaackk!

Jenn at Sweet T Makes Three said...

Glad to see you are back in the saddle! Looking forward to hearing about your family's adventures.

dawnathome said...

Congratulations, Arlene! I have taken blog breaks myself in the past ... sometimes they are quite necessary!

And I must tell you, I LOVE the name of your blog? My youngest son (aka Earlybird) has such a love not only for his own Nana (my mum) but also for an adorable little show called, "Nanalan'!" Which is all about a little girl and her Nana. :)

Well, I'm adding you to my RSS feeds ... looking forward to reading along. Best wishes to you as you restart your blogging journey!

Blessings,
~ Dawn

Lady R. said...

I am dancing into Nanaland! I'm so glad you are blogging again. And I am looking forward to the recipes and book reviews!

Mrs.T said...

Arlene, so happy to hear you are back to blogging! Am continuing to keep you and your family in my prayers. Looking forward to reading more posts here in Nanaland!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks dear friends!! I am glad to be back in the blogging sorority!