Followers

Wednesday, May 16, 2012


Yesterday I showed you what my sweet husband got me for my birthday and today I will show you what I got for myself!! About a month ago I saw this pretty  Vera Bradley duffle in the new summer color, Priscilla Pink. I just could not resist getting it so I decided it would be my birthday gift to me from me. I just love all things pink and girly. I took it to Embroid Me to have my monogram added. Embroid Me is a new business here in Decatur and it is much needed. We have had several speciality stores that provided monogramming but many have fallen by the wayside and the others are hard to deal with( the monogrammer is not here today come back tomorrow) so I was thrilled to find Embroid Me. They are there every day and so kind and helpful. When I explained I wanted a monogram, they pulled out the computer so I could choose a font then and they showed me how the monogram would look on my bag.  I was very pleased with that service as I have picked out fonts in the past that I have been less than satisfied with the final product.  And I must praise Vera Bradley as well. I love a nice leather purse but I find as I get older that by the time I load up my big leather purse, it is so hard to tote around. Vera Purses are so lightweight and they hold all I need without breaking my shoulder! The pretty prints just brighten up any outfit. I used to be a matchy matchy girl....but I got over that when I became a Vera Fan. I find that when I am carrying a Vera purse, it is a real conversation starter. Even at MOPs the other day, a fellow Vera Lover and I began comparing notes on our purses. Anna had received her purse as a bridesmaids gift. She said she almost squealed with delight as she opened her gift. I would have been excited too Anna. Basically I am a BAG LADY, I have met very few purses and bags that I did not like.  And I seem to have passed on that trait to my granddaughters as they like purses too!

2 comments:

Lady R. said...

Arlene, what a beautiful birthday present. I love the colors and the monogramming came out perfectly! Hooray!

Til next time...Leslie said...

Happy Birthday! Lots of May Birthday's in my family! Mine is the 28th! Hope it's a good birthday week.