Followers

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Yesterday I was reminded that you never know who may be watching you as you go about your day! After a busy morning, I headed to the post office to mail a package to Ireland. One of my dear friends lives there and I wanted to send her a little box of goodies. Being the organized person I am, I had picked up my Priority Mail box three days ago and the kind man at the main post office included a customs form and estimated how much it would cost to mail the package. I got home, packed up my box, filled out the customs form and took it to the post office that is nearest to  my home. After a wait in line, I finally made it to the counter when the postal worker informed me that just this week, the post office had changed the rules on overseas mail and I must go online, fill out the custom forms, print them and bring them back to the post office along with my package. Now I must say I was aggravated. Why didn't the other postal worker inform me of the changes? This postal worker was very kind and apologetic so I told him that I understood and that he did not make the rules. I mailed a few other things and as I  turned to go I saw a sweet lady from my church was standing in the line behind me. We said hello and I went out to my car. As I sat there for a moment, getting my package put away, I was so grateful that I had been kind rather than angry or peeved!! How important it is to our Christian witness to treat others with dignity and kindness no matter the situation.  I saw a little "pin" on Pinterest that stated, Character is shown by how you treat those who can do nothing for you. Something to think about this morning!

Today I will have a chance to go to the park with my three older grands. We moved Nana School to Wednesday this week because of the long holiday weekend. It is a nice cool morning here so we should have a wonderful time. We will take some treats and have snack time on one of the picnic tables there. Another day to make sweet memories and store them in my heart.

4 comments:

Mrs.T said...

I love that quote about character! Thanks for sharing. What a great testimony about your reaction in the post office. We never know who may be watching us, do we?

Have a wonderful time with your grands at the park! You are storing up memories in their hearts as well as in your own.

Jenn said...

I'm glad you got a nice postal worker! Makes it easier to be nice in return. :)

Mrs R. said...

Arlene, what a wonderful quote. I am going to remember this when I am in a frustrating situation. Thank you for sharing.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for the sweet comments friends...I must admit that I have fallen into the trap of getting Snippy with people. I am trying to work on having a good attitude!!