Followers

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I am so thankful for old fashioned Doctors!! Yesterday I took Bubba for his regular checkup at the pediatrician's office. We love Dr M. He is nearing retirement, and could already be retired if he wanted to be I guess but he keeps on going. I do think he is just seeing his old patients and is not taking new ones because we were the first appointment and we were not there until ten am. Bubba is our shy child and I was a bit worried about the possibility of a Hissy Fit (that is how we describe temper tantrums down South!) But Dr M was so sweet with him. He chatted with me for a bit then he talked to big Sister, Kendall before focusing on Bubba and that was the perfect way to handle our little fellow. Dr M would let Kendall demonstrate( checked her ears, eyes etc) then he would let Bubba do the same thing. There was not a peep out of Bubba but lots of giggles when Dr M told him he saw Peanut Butter in his ears!! Dr M told me that Bubba is doing great and I was glad to hear it. I had bribed the children with the possibility of a Chic FilA lunch if they were sweet at the doctors office so I had to pay up!! I have to say that Kendall is just a model of fine manners lately. She is always careful to answer, Yes Ma'am and Yes Sir as well as Please and Thank You. That warms a nana's heart. Bubba is coming along too...his favorite phrase is "May I please see your I Pad?" I am enjoying this time with these little ones...before I know it, they will be teenagers. And Grandpa and I are looking forward to a trip to Birmingham on Sunday to see Margaret and Baylor!! We sure do miss those two!! Another busy day today as I have my Library Luncheon!! Looking forward to spending some time with one of my favorite authors! Life is Good.

3 comments:

Mrs.T said...

So happy to hear that the checkup went well! I am praying for you as you care for the grands this summer; sounds as if things are going very well so far and that the children are doing well. So happy to hear that! Enjoy the rest of your busy week!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Mrs T!! I know all my praying friends have helped me to be a better Nana!!

Mrs R. said...

Arlene, what a sweet story about your visit with Bubba and Kendall at the pediatrician's office. That doctor sounds like a keeper! (unless he really did have pb in his ear!) Looking forward to reading about your luncheon!