Followers

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

 I know that many of my favorite bloggers enjoy "paper" as much as I do. We also share a love of the written word as well as a love of writing. So you will not be surprised that I am trying to pass on my love of writing to granddaughter, Kendall.  Kendall learned to "journal" at school last year  and I thought it would be a good idea to make  journals so that she and I can write down some of our thoughts. And it will give Kendall a chance to practice her handwriting over the summer vacation. I purchased these simple notebooks at Staples. We sat down yesterday with scrapbook paper, stickers and glue to decorate our notebooks. Kendall preferred to keep hers simple while I covered the front of my journal with scrapbook paper. Sometimes I can get a bit OCD doing crafts with Kendall so I told her that she could do whatever she wanted to her notebook and Nana would only help as needed!
Here is my girl with our journals. We were laughing as we took pictures because Kendall's eyes always crinkle up when she smiles. I told her to close her eyes and on my count of three, open eyes wide and smile. Well here is the result. Big eyes, little smile. We are looking forward to writing in our journals. We may draw a few pictures in them as well.

Speaking of Paper...when was the last time you got a real letter in the mail? I get lots of emails and facebook messages but very few written missives. Yesterday when I opened my mailbox I found a REAL letter from a dear blog friend. I could hardly wait to open it...even the envelope was decorated!! My friend shared with me that one of her goals was to return to letter writing. She has encouraged me to think of doing the same thing. I am always purchasing stationery so now I will try to be more intentional in USING it!!  Letter writers of the world UNITE!:)

No comments: