Followers

Friday, June 1, 2012

 After months of searching, we finally have a day bed in the Grands room! My sweet daughter in law, Nancy, kept an eye on Craigs List for me and found this bed listed last week. It was just what we were looking for and it was located in Hartselle, Alabama so it was close by! When Marvin and I went to check it out, the seller offered to deliver it to us as well. We could not beat that!! The drawer that holds the trundle is still in the garage as we need our strong sons to help get it up the staircase. Then it will be just perfect as the bed matches all the case work in the room. Yesterday I went to TJ Maxx to look  for bedding and found this nice neutral quilt as well as two cushions that matched one I already had! Of course, I may have to look for more cushions just to make it cozier. I informed the grands that I did not want to see them on the bed unless they were taking a nap! So they gave it wide berth....no naps for this crew!
I love that the bed fit just perfectly under my Sampler Wall.  Isn't it nice when everything turns out just as you pictured it in your mind's eye?

Friday will be busy for me. I will have a grocery run with my two older grandchildren. I have already promised them ICEEs if they behave in the grocery store! Then this afternoon Margaret and Baylor will arrive for an overnight stay while Mom and Dad get everything moved down to their new home in Birmingham.  These are the good old days and I am trying to enjoy each and every day with these little ones. Have a good weekend friends!!

3 comments:

Mrs.T said...

How nice, Arlene!! I love your Sampler Wall, too. Yes, it is indeed nice when things turn out just as you picture them in your mind's eye. The room is lovely.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Mrs T!! I am looking forward to having more overnigh guests now that we have room for them!!

Mrs R. said...

Arlene, what a beautiful daybed! Many sweet dreams to follow..