Followers

Friday, June 15, 2012

Ok, I admit it I am a Nerd Princess....one of my favorite tv shows is about Physicists and I own it! My hubs is a physicist and several people could hardly wait to tell us about The Big Bang Theory tv show when it came on four or five years ago. I have to admit that there are some aspects of the show that I do not like but when it is just the scientists hanging out together I really enjoy the dialogue. Sheldon Cooper is the character that we all find fascinating. He is a super smart guy who has no idea how to function in society. Yet he has endearing quirks and one of them is his love of the song, Soft Kitty.
 
Soft Kitty Warm Kitty
Little Ball of Fur
Happy Kitty Sleepy Kitty
Purr Purr Purr

His mother sang this little ditty to Sheldon whenever he was sick and as an adult, he still wants to hear this song when he is ailing!  Sheldon, to everyone's surprise, now has a girlfriend named Amy Farrah Fowler, played by Mayim Bialik. You may remember Mayim as "Blossom" from that 90s tv show. Sheldon and Amy remind me of some nerd couples I have known over the years, proving that birds of a feather flock together!

I once worked as a nurse at Oak Ridge Hospital(Oak Ridge Tennessee, home of the Manhattan Project) and I had the opportunity to care for many scientists while I was employed on there. Believe me, these super smart people are a breed apart.  One thing I have noted is that most of them have a dry sense of humor which can catch you off guard!  My own dear hubs has that gift and I love subtle smart humor.  So if you have a free Thursday evening, you might want to check out this show and find out if science humor is your cup of tea!

2 comments:

Jenn at Sweet T Makes Three said...

What do you mean "These smart people." Your whole family belongs in MENSA. ;)

We just discovered The Big Bang Theory this year and have enjoyed watching reruns on the DVR. Love the dialogue!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for the sweet compliment Jenn. I sometimes think i am living with Sheldon....lol