Followers

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

 Seven Up Biscuits....that just sounded too interesting to pass up as I was browsing on Pinterest. I pinned this recipe to my Breads Board and decided to try it one day. A Breakfast Supper was on the menu at our house this evening so I decided it was a good time to experiment.

Seven Up Biscuits
2 c. Bisquick
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 c Seven Up
3 T butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While oven is heating up, put butter in baking pan to melt. I always use my iron skillet to make biscuits. In a bowl  mix Bisquick and sour cream...stir until crumbly. Add Seven Up( I substituted Sprite as I had that on hand.) Stir until dough forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.  Turn onto a floured surface and knead gently...never over work biscuit dough or you will have tough biscuits! I just use my hands to pat the dough into a circle, then I cut out the biscuits with a biscuit cutter. Place biscuits in pan and bake for 20 minutes.
 Here is my Before....
And here is the After! My sweet husband told me that my own homemade biscuits were better. But these were quite tasty and a great recipe for a beginning biscuit maker! Thanks for sharing this recipe Pinterest Pinners!

2 comments:

Mrs R. said...

I've not heard of soda pop in biscuits before! I wonder if you can use diet 7 up? That's all my husband drinks (and on occasion, I do too)

Arlene Grimm said...

Mrs R, I think you could use diet 7 up with no problem. I think that the citrus soda and the sour cream actually work like Buttermilk. They were very tasty!