Followers

Friday, July 6, 2012

I have always loved crafting. From the time I was a little girl, I enjoyed embroidery. As I grew up I took up crewel, cross stitch and sewing. I have dabbled in quilting, crocheting and knitting. And I love making pretty things for my home....floral arrangements, table scapes etc. So when I heard there was a new television show called Craft Wars, I knew I wanted to check it out. I dvr'ed it and sat down yesterday to watch as Tori Spelling assigned challenges to three "crafters" with the winner receiving $10,000 dollars. I only watched about half of the show before I totally lost interest. Maybe it was me but I was disappointed with the program. I think I am missing the old days of craft shows, like Aleene's Crafts. The inventor of Aleene's Tacky Glue had a program on tv that was so enjoyable. She and her family showed us how to do crafts and I always learned something new. HGTV is another network that has changed a lot. In its first days, they offered some crafting shows and several shows geared to "regular" people decorating. ( I miss Matt and Shari of Room by Room). Now it seems that a lot of their programming is aimed at making us all dissatisfied with our own homes because we do not have granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances and walk in closets. Now I do have a walk in closet but honestly, I get so aggravated when I see the newly wed couples on House Hunters turn up their noses at any house that is not perfect. Come on people, this is your first house, it is not supposed to be your dream house.  All this to say...could we please have some good craft shows to watch again?  Our PBS station carries some good shows on Saturday afternoon but most are about sewing or quilts.  For now I will just enjoy pinterest and attempt some of the crafts I have pinned on my board, Crafty Lady!! I really need to sit down and MAKE some of the great projects that I have dreamed about!

1 comment:

307473e6-c887-11e1-8ab6-000f20980440 said...

I tried to watch the CRAFT WARS also and gave up after about 10 minutes....I mean a tray made from a deflated beach ball...uhuh....