Followers

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Miss Kendall was not feeling well yesterday so we were not able to go to our swim lesson. We spent the morning in quiet pursuits while watching Children's Public Television. While we were watching there was an announcement regarding the fall programming and I heard that Daniel Striped Tiger is coming on in the fall. For all of us who loved Mister Rogers, who can forget the shy little tiger who lives in the grandfather clock? Personally, I would LOVE it if PBS would rerun Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. I was about 12 years old when Public TV was available out in the country where I lived and I remember enjoying the "new" children's programming, Sesame Street, Mister Rogers and several other shows. When my own children came along, we all sat down to watch Mister Rogers. His show came on at five in the afternoon and it was a good way to wind down and wait for Dad to get home from work. As I have said before, some days, Mister Rogers was the only adult I talked to as I was a stay at home mom.:) Mister Rogers always so kind and caring. I think young children can learn a lot from visiting the neighborhood. So we will give Daniel Striped Tiger a try this fall....remembering the wonderful man who created Daniel.

3 comments:

Mrs R. said...

What good news, Arlene! I love Daniel Tiger! I did not care for Lady Elaine Fairchild. She always creeped me out!

Arlene Grimm said...

I agree with you Mrs R!! Lady Elaine was scary! Apparently she has a daughter that will be featured in this series. And I still miss Mister Rogers!! I guess I will have to watch him on You tube.

Mrs R. said...

The puppet has a daughter? Um, how is that possible. Well, I hope she looks like her father whoever that may be!