Followers

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

 I received this beautiful wreath for my front door yesterday and could not wait to share it on my blog. One of my MOPs moms, Christina, made this for me for a very modest price! Christina is very crafty and was in charge of crafts for our MOPs group last year. One day she posted some pictures of wreaths on her Facebook page and when I saw this one, I knew it would perk up my front door until it is time to hang a fall wreath. I think wreaths on a front door are so welcoming!  This wreath would also be pretty for February's Mardis Gras season here in the South. Mardi Gras colors are green, purple and gold!  My pretty wreath spurred me to go to Hobby Lobby as I have been negligent in the crafting area lately. Of course Hobby Lobby is already decorated for Fall and while I was there, I noted that Christmas decorations are going up as well! Of course, if you are a crafter, you need to start Christmas crafts early so they will be ready for December. As I was wandering the aisles, I came upon these sparkly balls in autumnal colors(as Martha would say!) and I thought they might make a pretty topiary. So I got some other supplies, clay pot, styrofoam ball, dowel rod, moss and ribbon!  Now it might turn out to be a hot mess but I am going to give it a try. Be on the lookout for my finished product!

4 comments:

Mrs R. said...

Arlene, what a pretty wreath! I love the purple color!!

Mrs.T said...

The wreath *is* pretty. And I love your vintage cookie jar and tumblers. Nice idea to display them with a photo from Marvin's childhood!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Mrs T....I really love VINTAGE items. Now they are about the same age as me!!lol..

Arlene Grimm said...

Mrs R...I really fell for the bright lime green and purple combo. Christina has an eye for grouping colors together. While I could probably make a wreath like this, my color combos might not be as pleasing as Christina's!. I will be putting it back up in Jan/Feb for Mardi Gras.