Followers

Thursday, July 26, 2012

 I thought I might share some other goodies we got while in Savannah last week. Marvin brought home the McCoy Chef cookie jar that sat in his Mama's kitchen.  We decided to display him on our bookshelves upstairs as he is an old man now! I did look him up on a McCoy website and he is worth about $90.  I did get excited when we found these old Captain Kangaroo plastic cups. Before calling Antiques Roadshow, I looked them up on the internet and found they are only worth about $8 in good condition. Marvin's cups were slightly worse for wear!! We decided to display them upstairs as well. They look cute sitting on Marvin's bookshelf alongside a picture of him and his older sister, Mina.  We are glad to have some mementos from 19 Oleander Drive, the home that Marvin grew up in.
I had Kendall and Landon yesterday and Kendall and I tackled the topiary project. Miss K is quite the crafter. She worked patiently along side me until we reached the part that Nana had to do alone. I will share our finished project tomorrow. I am so glad Kendall enjoys crafting! Landon enjoyed looking at a Thomas "I Spy" book while sister and Nana were busy.

Today it is Friends Day and I am looking forward to lunch with the girls. I have a few errands to run as well so it will be a busy day. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Mrs R. said...

That cookie jar looks very familiar. I think my mother had something very similar. Very sweet. :)

Arlene Grimm said...

He is a cutie!