Followers

Monday, July 23, 2012

 While we were at Tybee, Marvin had a chance to go to his sister's warehouse at the beach to go through some of his late mother's things. We came home with several treasures, so we feel like it is Christmas in July! The little stocking says Merry Christmas at the top and it belonged to my hubby when he was a little boy. Stockings were much smaller then, holding tiny treasures.
 This ceramic set sat on Mama G's living room table for many years. Her best friend, Viola, made this for her. Mama G kept all the Christmas cards she received in the little sleigh!
 Angels...one of my favorite things.  I had a big collection and during one of our moves, Hubby dropped the box the angels were stored in and many were no more. I assured him that they are just things. The only things that cannot be replaced are Marvin, my children and the grands.
 Isn't she sweet...
 And I love this Coca Cola polar bear cookie jar. We gave this to Mama G years ago and I was so happy to find it once again. After a run through the dishwasher, he looks like new.
And here is another cute cookie jar...I am giving it to Amelia since it will remind her of her precious Grandma.

Hope you enjoyed my Christmas theme this morning! Before we know it Christmas will be here!

1 comment:

Mrs.T said...

Oh, what treasures! Now I know why you were thinking of the holidays when you visited my Christmas blog. The Coca-Cola® cookie jar is so cute!