Followers

Friday, August 31, 2012

I think most of us are ready to decorate our homes for fall. I usually put all my fall things out on Labor Day Weekend but we will be traveling this year so it will have to wait until I return. However, I decided to "decorate" my Facebook page by placing this picture in my banner and I got so many compliments on it!! Actually this picture is from last fall! I purchased a ready made wreath at Pineapples here in Decatur. I had the wreath up on my front door when I saw an idea on Pinterest.  Some clever pinner had purchased the Initial for their last name, painted it and included it on their fall wreath. Off I went to Hobby Lobby to get a G and using paint I had in my craft room, allowed Miss Kendall to paint it for me. Using grossgrain ribbon I had on hand, I just hung it on the wreath. It really makes it look like a custom wreath.  It will return to my front door while my pumpkin mesh wreath will go on the door leading to my garage. Seasonal items around the house just make me happy.

Thanks for all the prayers for our vacation plans!! I spoke with the owner of the condo we are renting at Gulf Shores and she assured me that everything is just fine at the Beach!! I went to the library yesterday to get some books to take along.(All the ones I have downloaded on Kindle are not enough!!:)) I sometimes browse the Large Print section because they carry books not found in the regular shelves...and to be honest, at my age I am getting to like large print books. While looking at the large print offerings, I found a cute new series called A Queen Bees Quilt Series. It is a mystery series set in Kansas and The Queen Bee Quilters solve the mystery while making quilts. I started Murders on Elderberry Road last night and I am thoroughly enjoying it. This series is written by Sally Goldenbaum.   I also found a Mignon Ballard book that I have not read that features Augusta Goodnight, an angel who  helps solve mysteries. Normally I am not a big fan of such "fantasy" books but these are well written and you cannot help but love Augusta.  My 31 organizing bag is packed to the brim with books to take on vacation. I will also be taking my L L Bean cross stitch bag filled with threads, needles and the fall sampler I am working on!  My dear Hubs and I are hoping to just rest, relax and recharge. That said, I may not be blogging as often next week, but I hope to share some pictures of the beautiful Alabama Gulf.

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Mrs.T said...

Oh, Arlene, I am so happy for you that your plans for the getaway to Gulf Shores are working out! It sounds like a wonderful time for you and Marvin to rest, relax, recharge and reconnect. I always love it when Mr. T and I can get away like that. Have a blessed time away, my friend!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks so much for your prayers for us Mrs T. This has been a stressful year with many challenges. God is Gracious to allow us this time together.