Followers

Thursday, August 2, 2012

I wanted to share this picture with you all this morning. It was posted by one of the television stations in Savannah, Georgia featuring the Tybee Lighthouse on a stormy morning. I thought it was so beautiful and a reminder that as Believers we should be light in a dark world.( For a better view of the photo, click on the picture and you can see the bigger version!)

Busy day today with errands, lunch with friends and a salon appointment this afternoon to get my hair done. Getting a hair cut and a blow dry is always so relaxing. I am trying a new salon today so I am hoping that I like it. Over the last year I have been salon hopping, trying to find one that I can settle in at for a while. It seems like the first two appointments with a new stylist are good, then the quality falls off, they keep me waiting and the last straw was that my blow dry was less than stellar. As much as I pay for a haircut and style, I want to be happy when I leave the salon!! Ok..that is my rant for today.

Lastly, I wanted to share a good book with you. I just finished Still Missing by Chevy Stevens. It was all the buzz at our book group but I was hesitant to read it because it sounded pretty scary to me! Annie is a young realtor with a Sunday Open House. As she is getting ready to leave, a man wants to see the house and he abducts her, holding her hostage for a year. I admit portions of the book were hard to read but the author really made you care about Annie and what happened to her. I started it on Tuesday evening and finished it Wednesday morning. I just could not put it down. Warning..it is not for everyone. But if you like thrillers, this is the book for you.  I am headed to the library today to look for Ms Stevens second book, Never Knowing.

Have a great day Friends!

No comments: