Followers

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Isn't it nice to go to your snail mailbox and find some "real" mail instead of bills and circulars? On Monday I was happy to find these two sweet cards in my mailbox. One is from a dear friend who is always so good at sending notes and cards. She has a real ministry of encouragement. The smaller note is from nephew, Caleb, who is a counselor at a camp in Pennsylvania this summer. I sent him a little package with a few goodies  and he sent me a sweet thank you note. Not many young men take the time to sit down and write their aunts so this was a special Monday blessing. I was impressed that it was not just Dear Aunt Arlene, Thanks for the package.  Caleb wrote a nice note telling me about camp and what he is learning there and thanking me for remembering him. I have a big hatbox on top of the armoire in my bedroom where I keep notes, letters, momentos etc...and these two cards will be added to my treasures.

Do not forget that today is Chick Fil A appreciation day. My hubs and I will be going there for dinner this evening along with some friends of ours. Hope that our local establishment has stocked up on Chicken! I want to show my support for Mr Truett Cathy and his stand for Biblical marriage.  I know when he gets to heaven, he will hear, "Well Done my good and faithful servant." Mr Cathy has always lived his faith, helping and serving others. He still lives in the modest home he has lived in since the 1950s. He has laid up his treasure in heaven. What an example for all Believers.

1 comment:

Mrs R. said...

Arlene, such sweet cards! :)

I've never eaten at Chick-Fil-A. It has never appealed to me. Eat a wing for me!