Followers

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Preparing for Charles' birthday dinner today so I have lots to do...the house could use a touch up too after having the grands yesterday. I keep finding toys all over the house, they migrated from the play area!!

Thought I might share my Peach Ice Cream recipe with you today as it is on my menu for this evening.

Arlene's Peach Ice Cream( I use that title as I made this up from several recipes)
3 cups peeled peaches(Pureed) This is about 8 medium peaches.
2 c sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup whipping cream
3 egg whites beaten until stiff
1 can peach nectar
6 drops of red food coloring
1 tsp almond flavoring

Mix together and put in ice cream freezer...add enough whole milk to reach the "fill" line in the freezer and plug it in! When the freezer quits, ice cream is done.(Unless you prefer to hand crank it!!) I make mine ahead and then put it in a container in the freezer to allow it to get hard. The key to this recipe is the almond flavoring...it really boosts the peach flavor!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

No comments: