Followers

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Two days without the kiddos...oh my! Monday Kendall and Landon went to the dentist with their daddy. They both did great, no cavities! But Miss K will need a tooth pulled to allow her new teeth to come in properly. Amelia had the same problem, big teeth, little mouth! Yesterday I took advantage of my day off to run errands. I went to The Cross Stitch Peddler to pick up some cross stitch supplies and Marlene had lots of new cross stitch patterns on display, mainly Fall and Christmas. Of course I could not resist so I had to get a new fall graph! Then to the Farmers Market for peaches...son Charles will be 29 on Sunday and we are having a bd celebration on Saturday evening. He always asks for Peach Icecream. The peaches I purchased were beautiful but a bit firm, hoping they will be just right by Saturday! And what is errand day without stopping at TJ Maxx, my favorite store ever?  I found some cute glasses and a LaLa Loopsy back to school kit for Kendall. LaLa Loopsy notebooks, pencils etc that will make a little six year old girl very happy. And as a final treat, I stopped at McDonalds for a Big Mac. I have been craving one of those gooey messy burgers so I caved and got one for lunch. It was so good. I can remember when I was a senior in Nursing School, that my suitemates and I ate dinner at McDonalds every Monday night. McDonalds was doing a "glass" promotion and you could buy a glass for a nominal fee when you ordered a big sandwich. Today I am not sure why we wanted them but we did!! And I have no clue where they went because I certainly do not have them today. (And they would be antiques now!)  A busy day but a fun day!

I am expecting Kendall and Landon this morning. We will go to swim lessons and I am happy to report that Kendall is doing great with her swimming. This afternoon, Miss M will arrive to spend two days with Nana and Grandpa. I cannot wait to see her!! She is going with me to our Ladies Lunch tomorrow. I look forward to showing her off to the girls.

I must say I am loving the cooler morning temps. When I go to walk in the morning, it is so refreshing to step outside to brisk morning air. Fall is on the way...Kendall starts school on Monday. Landon will start preschool on the Tuesday after Labor Day.  I have to admit I am looking forward to decorating my house with all my fall decorations! It makes it so cozy....and I love that!

1 comment:

Mrs R. said...

Arlene, It feels wonderful to have a few days off but it isn't long before I'm missing those littles! I too am holding myself back from autumn decorating! :)