Followers

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

We had a lazy day yesterday. We did not get to swim lessons as lightning struck our teacher's house and she was dealing with all the details that comes with that! We will start tomorrow. I think Kendall was glad for a reprieve as she is not fond of swimming.

After the children left yesterday, I got busy on a project I have had in mind for quite some time. I have seen cute "subway" signs in the blog world...basically a black canvas with white lettering naming all the addresses you have had in your lifetime. I thought it was cute but I was not sure of my lettering skills. Then on Pinterest, I saw a cute way to letter using alphabet sticky letters like you find in craft stores. I thought I could do that. So I got busy plotting it out and then painting. It was a good idea in theory but some of the black paint bled under the stickies so now I need to go to Hobby Lobby to find a white paint pen to touch it up with....I just hope it does not turn out to be one big mess. If it turns out ok, I will post a picture. And I also realized that Marvin and I have lived in 11 places in 36 years. I just put the street names on my canvas, leaving off the Road, Lane, Street etc...
Coolidge, Edinboro, Tacoma, Glenn Carrie, Wimbelton, Baywood, Bayless, Coffee, Rigel, Brandywine and Jackson Way.  I think we are settled here( Marvin assures me that we are!) until we move to the nursing home or the cemetery.

Off this morning to have coffee with some friends....a great way to start the day!!

1 comment:

Mrs R. said...

Happy Coffee! :)

Yikes that the lightning struck the swim teacher's house. I hope no one was hurt.

I'd love to see what you plan on doing with the Christmas ornaments. :)