Followers

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

 I am loving the cool fall temperatures here in Alabama. Walking in the brisk morning air is so refreshing. Today I noticed that several of my neighbors have added pumpkins to their front porches!!  I finally found fall M&Ms so I made a batch of my fall mix...candy corn, peanuts and M&Ms. I gave a goodie bag to one of my neighbors who is recuperating from surgery. I also made a little fall goodie for Kendall's teacher. I found this cute green bucket at The Dollar Tree and with the addition of tissue paper and a ribbon it made a perfect container for some "goodies". I put the fall mix in a clear plastic goodie bag found in the cake decorating aisle at Walmart and after filling it up, I tied it with raffia I had on hand.  A pretty fall votive I found at Ross rounded out my goodie bucket for Mrs R. I also added a thank you note as I think all teachers need a pat on the back every now and then.
 I love my pretty coffee mug that I only use in the fall. It just cheers me up whenever I pour my morning coffee.
And last, another Pinterest project. I had seen a painting similar to this on Pinterest...but they put Happy Fall Ya'll at the top of their painting. Well after my lettering problems I decided to just leave it blank. I like the primitive look of these punkins. It will go up in my kitchen after Halloween. Right now I have my BOO pumpkin hanging on the wall above all the pumpkins on my kitchen hutch.

Tomorrow I hope to post a Christmas pinterest project that I have been working on! It's the time of the year to work on Christmas projects if you want them to be ready come December. And at the rate this year is flying by, Christmas will be here before we know it!!

2 comments:

Mrs R said...

What a delicious treat! And love the pumpkin picture. I think the words would have been too much. It's perfect!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for your sweet words Mrs R...they always make me smile!!