Followers

Friday, September 21, 2012

 I confess...I purchased this little gem at Cracker Barrel last week. I love all things Christmas and this pretty tree changes colors so how could I resist? They might be GONE soon and I would not have one at all. I think the grands will love it...that is how I justify these kinds of purchases. Cracker Barrel had lots of interesting holiday items when I  breakfasted there with my friends last week. It might be a good place to do some Christmas shopping. I am also seeing lots of other stores putting out their Christmas merchandise. I stopped in Kirklands yesterday to browse and it looked like a Winter Wonderland. It is hard to believe that when I was a child, Christmas items did not appear in the stores until after Thanksgiving!! Well the Sears Christmas Catalog did arrive in late October come to think of it. Oh the joys of sitting with that catalog and looking at all the toys that were shown on the pages of the Wishbook.  It is hard to imagine the children of today being fascinated by a catalog...maybe if it was an ap on an ipad that would get their attention.
And Christmas is really going to be here before we know it. Our tickets to A Christmas Carol at the Alabama Shakespeare Theater arrived this week.  For many people who think Alabama is a vast wasteland when it comes to culture, I would like to tell you about the Alabama Shakespeare Festival. It is a beautiful arts complex located in Montgomery, Alabama. They produce quality plays year round and if you want to see a production of a Shakespeare play, here is the place to view one!  When I saw that ASF would be doing a production of A Christmas Carol just before Christmas,  I was on board to go and watch my favorite Dickens' work.  We are seeing the matinee so it is an easy drive down and back in one day.  We saw Hamlet there two years ago and it was excellent.  One of the perks of an empty nest is the ability to do the things you did not have the time or money to do when you were raising your children.

Have a fabulous Friday Friends...I am off to do the grocery run, then I hope to organize my craft room! Unfortunately it has gotten out of control and I intend to tame it today!


2 comments:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, You may find my craft room mess in your craft room. I am very disorganized in that respect! I haven't been to CB in a while. I do enjoy browsing the little country store. :)

Arlene Grimm said...

I did not get to my craft room today Mrs R...so hopefully I can get to it one day next week. Of course after I organize it I will probably tear it apart doing Christmas crafts. I am working on several things right now.