Followers

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Here is a picture of my Pumpkin Dump Cake that I pinned on my Desserts board on Pinterest.  I was able to share some with my sweet neighbors, Jean and John and I also gave some to my friend, Susan, who lives down the street from me. Marvin and I do not need a whole cake so I enjoy baking and sharing.

It was tasty. The next time I bake it I may switch the cinnamon for pumpkin pie spice to kick the flavor up a notch.  We also thought it tasted better at room temperature than served warm. So here's the recipe.

Pumpkin Dump Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
1 can evaporated milk( I am assuming it is the large can...I did not have any on hand so I googled for a substitute and found 1/4 c half and half mixed with 3/4 c of whole milk will do the trick and it worked great in this recipe)
3 large eggs
1 1/2 c sugar
1 t cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped pecans
1 stick of butter(
 melted)

Grease a 13 by 9 pan( I used Bakers Joy) and preheat oven to 350.
Mix pumpkin, eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and salt together. Pour into prepared pan.
Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture...top with chopped pecans. Drizzle melted butter over the top.

Bake at 350 for 50 to 55 minutes.

Everyone enjoyed this..would be good for a Thanksgiving Day Breakfast!!

2 comments:

Mrs R said...

Oh goodness, that looks delicious! Thank you for posting the recipe. I don't remember seeing Bakers Joy but I use Pam spray. I'm thinking they are similar.

Arlene Grimm said...

Yes, Pam will be fine Mrs R. It was quite tasty!