Followers

Friday, September 14, 2012

I have been a Mary Engelbreit fan for YEARS!! Her cheerful images always lift my spirits. And she uses many quotes from Edgar Guest who is an American poet that I enjoy so that is two artists for the price of one!!

Yesterday I made a Target run while waiting to pick Landon up at preschool and of course, I had to look at the $1and $2.50 aisles that are located at the front of the store. I noticed quite a few ladies congregated there and what were they looking at? A plethora of Mary Engelbreit items....note cards, stickers, magnets and even some cute dry erase boards.  Well you know I had to load up on ME stationery. Kendall has begun a correspondence with some of her Savannah Cousins and I know she will enjoy the Make a Card kit that I picked up for $1.  I also enjoy sending (and receiving) snail mail so I will put my cute notecards to good use as well.

While I was in the store, I also took time to purchase some things for Landon's preschool class. As an old preschool teacher, I remember how excited I got when parents would bring classroom treats. I filled a jackolantern bucket from the dollar aisle with Smarties( they use those as rewards), hand sanitizer, fall foam stickers and a Max and Ruby Halloween book. I also added some chocolates for Miss S and Miss L.  Landon has really enjoyed school and looks forward to going each Tuesday and Thursday. After spending time with his friends at school, Nana is pretty poor company the rest of the week.:) I am thankful for good teachers...they make such a difference in a child's life.

My weekend plans include finishing up a craft project that has been in my craft room for two weeks now. Maybe I will be able to share it with you on Monday! Off to MOPs this morning where I enjoy being with my young friends.

1 comment:

Mrs R said...

Mary Engelbreit always cheers me up! I love the pallet of colors she always uses. So bright!