Followers

Saturday, September 15, 2012

On the agenda for today is a visit to Depot Days to see Kendall's painting that was entered in the Childrens Art Fair.  I helped her to paint it this week so I need to go and get a picture of it hanging in the gallery! Being the perfectionist that I am, I would have liked for us to have had time to touch up a few things but I am learning that everything does not have to be perfect.  I also hope to make a cake that I saw on Pinterest. I have decided to be more intentional in trying some of the things I "pin" there! My 80 something neighbors love it when I make a dessert and share it with them so that is another reason to get busy in the kitchen. The recipe is for a Pumpkin Dump Cake...just perfect for an early fall treat.   Tomorrow is church. Our Sunday School Class is starting a new lesson series, 100 Bible Verses Everyone Should Know. I have not memorized verses in quite a while so this will be a challenge. I am going to learn my verses in KJV as that is what I memorized as a child. Many of the verses, I "know" but I am not word perfect on them so I hope to change that.   Have a blessed weekend friends!!

3 comments:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, I'm not sure what a dump cake is but I do love all things pumpkin! I look forward to seeing the pictures and the recipe. :)

Jenn at Sweet T Makes Three said...

I need to work on some memorization too even if it's just a couple of verses a year.

Arlene Grimm said...

Jenn, so far the verses are pretty easy, ones I have learned in the past but soon we will get to the harder ones and my old brain ain't what it used to be!!