Followers

Friday, September 28, 2012

This is my final Pinterest project this week.  Please click on the picture to see more detail. There was no good way to get a picture of these glass Christmas ornaments!! I had seen a pin for Glass balls with your child or grandchild's name painted on them and I had to give it a try. Some green circles and red dots add to the decorated ornament.  Red, green and white Christmas ribbon, purchased at Hobby Lobby, really set off my Christmas ornaments.

Now for the "how to".... I purchased the midsized clear Christmas ornaments at Hobby Lobby. If I were doing them again, I would go for the biggest glass ornaments.  I used red, green and white acrylic paint. I started by free handing the names in Red. It takes two to three coats to get good coverage on glass. Acrylic does dry quickly so you can work on another craft while you wait. Once I had a good solid coat of red, I used the tip of a small paint brush to add white dots to the red names. Again, it takes about two coats of paint. Lastly I added the green circles and when they were completely dry, I went back with a dash of white (using a dry brush technique) just for highlighting. The pinterest ornaments had little red swirls on them but I could not make those look right so I just added three little red dots randomly over the ornament.  I am happy with my effort and they would make a great inexpensive Christmas gift.

I am taking the weekend off...heading to north Georgia to see my parents. And when I get back it will be OCTOBER!!

2 comments:

Mrs R said...

Very sweet ornaments, Arlene! Good job!

Enjoy your visit with your parents. Travel safely!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you Mrs R!! We just got home and it was a nice visit!!