Followers

Monday, September 24, 2012

This is the recipe from Pinterest that I made to take to our Sunday School Fellowship on Saturday evening. I call them Hanky Pankies because they are similar to another recipe that I have by that name. They are simple to make and the men love them.

Hanky Pankies
1 # ground beef
1#hot sausage
1#velveeta
1 tsp garlic powder( I used minced garlic)
1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp oregano
2 packages of Hawaiian Rolls

Brown the ground beef and sausage and drain. Return to pan and over medium heat, add garlic, Worchestershire sauce, and oregano. Stir until well blended.  Add velveeta and stir until it is melted. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of meat mixture on a Hawaiian roll and serve.

I made my Hanky Pankies about two hours before our party so I  put the rolls in two 13 by nine dishes and covered with aluminum foil. I baked them for about 20 minutes at 300 degrees just before we left so they would be warm for the party.  Another recipe that I have uses this same meat mixture but you spoon the meat onto the little rye party squares and bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes ...this is tasty as well. The rye party squares really adds to the flavor of the appetizer.

I am planning to make another Pinterest recipe on Wednesday evening. It is a soup and should be a perfect dinner for a fall evening. I have found Pinterest to be very good at motivating me to try new recipes and crafts.  And as Martha Stewart would say, That's a good thing!"

2 comments:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, what is hot sausage exactly? Is it sold that way?

Arlene Grimm said...

Mrs R, it is a ground sausage like Jimmy Dean hot sausage.