Followers

Monday, September 17, 2012

 This was the scene on Main Street in Hartselle, Alabama on Saturday as the town celebrated Depot Days. Streets are closed off so that people can walk down main street and check out all the vendors and activities. Hartselle is a cute small town with lots of antique stores as well as other nice businesses.  If you ever visit north Alabama, plan a stop in Hartselle.
 Here is Kendall's painting that was displayed in the art show. We are going to work on it a bit more this week. It needs "tweaking"!!.  I am proud of my little artist!!
This was the first through third grade section of the show.  Grandpa and I had to get a picture for Kendall's photo album. I have photo albums for all my grands. My mother did the same thing for my children and it is a tradition I hope to carry on.

I did get some of my own projects finished this weekend and I tried the Pumpkin Dump Cake that was on my Pinterest wall. I will be sharing these posts on Nanaland this week. Also be on the lookout for a book review of Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. It was  a real page turner!!!

3 comments:

Mrs R said...

What a budding little artist Kendal is! Her picture was adorable! It sounds like a wonderful day!

Jenn at Sweet T Makes Three said...

I hate it that we missed Depot Days this year. Love her painting! It looks happy and whimsical.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Ladies!! I enjoy crafting with Kendall(sounds almost like a tv show!!). Jenn, she thought up the idea on her own, even the pony tail flying out to the side!! I am good at "copying' things but find it harder to do something original!!