Followers

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Well our anniversary vacation is coming to an end as we must leave on Saturday. It has been a great week, resting and sunning! There have been a few cloudy days but we have managed to spend quality beach time every day. Tuesday evening we had a nice meal at Cobalt in Orange Beach. It was storming so we had a window side view of a lightning show from the restaurant on the water. We also enjoyed listening to live music as we enjoyed our meal. This morning we got up and had Beignets at Cafe Beignet. They were delicious! After that we shopped for tshirts for the grands. One of the best things about coming to the beach after Labor Day is no crowds and cheaper prices on tshirts. We are thinking of booking for next year as well but we will come later in September to get the fall discount! Of course we have to pray that no hurricanes arrive to spoil our plans!! We did see several I survived Hurricane Isaac tshirts at the souvenir shop this morning. As they were only a dollar each, it seems not many people were interested in purchasing them.  We will have lunch with our friends, Deborah and Don, tomorrow as they are arriving for their vacation here. Gulf Shores/Orange Beach is a popular vacation destination for north Alabama folks. As much as I have enjoyed my vacation, I am looking forward to getting home and seeing my grands!! Landon started preschool this week and he LOVES it according to his mom. These little ones are growing up so quickly! Our Baylor will be having tubes put in his little ears tomorrow morning. Please say a prayer that all goes well with that. We will stop to see Margaret and Baylor on our way home from the beach. I am also looking forward to decorating my home for fall....every year it seems that I collect just a bit more in the way of fall decor!! I cannot resist it. I also have plans for a fall scape on my small front porch. It includes a child's wagon, small haybales, pumpkins and mums. Pictures will be posted when it is completed!! I look forward to seeing all the fall ideas my blog friends will be posting soon!

5 comments:

Mrs R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arlene Grimm said...

I will miss your blog Mrs R but I know we all have seasons of our lives for different pursuits. I hope you will still visit me here at Nanaland!!

Mrs.T said...

So sorry to hear that, Mrs. R. I had just found your blog via Arlene and was looking forward to stopping in more often. But I do understand. I don't do Facebook either.

Arlene, I am so happy you have had such a relaxing and special week. And it's not over yet! The lightning show from the restaurant must have been spectacular!

I have been doing fall decorating myself.. I ordinarily wait for the first day of fall or thereabouts. This time I decided that I needed to do it early so I will not have to even think about it while our family is here visiting. I will leave it up through Thanksgiving, so it's sort of nice to realize the decorating is pretty much done for a few months. I do need to get some more fall place mats so we will have enough for everyone. And your fall scape on the porch sounds lovely! Can't wait to see the finished scene!

Mrs R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs R said...

Arlene and Mrs T, I've taken your words and others' to heart and rather than close up shop completely, I've changed it all around with a new title/address. I can not promise that I can always visit and comment but I will try. I've been struggling with PTSD lately and have been feeling badly that I have neglected my blog friends. I think by writing more down to earth (not as flowery cottage) will help. Anyway this blog may not always be so sweet. You can find me by clicking my name. Thanks for listening