Followers

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

 It's October and I have to share the cute basket I ordered from Peterboro Baskets of Peterboro, New Hampshire. I came to know about these baskets when I saw them on QVC many years ago. I have some Longaberger Baskets that I love but they are very pricey.  So when I saw the Peterboro baskets for a reasonable price, I had to give them a try. QVC no longer carries the Peterboro line but I found the company online and signed up for their emails.  When I saw this cute orange basket that is to be used to hold all the treats for Trick or Treaters, I had to have it.  There are nice black braided handles on the basket but it is hard to see them in this photo.
 And when you are not using it for Halloween, you can display it with this side out..it shows the pretty Peterboro logo. This basket is the perfect fall basket!
And I had to share this picture of Bubba! He loves all things Thomas and his great Aunt Kristi sent him this puzzle.  He loved it!

And after my not so flattering book review of A Casual Vacancy, I want to share some other books that I am looking forward to reading as they are published this month.

1. The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton  Ms Morton is one of my new favorite writers. She really knows how to tell a story!!
2. A Week in Winter by Maeve Binchy. Ms Binchy died earlier this year so I am assuming she wrote this book before she passed away. This author is another great story teller and I can count on her books to have a happy ending. Sometimes we all need a happy ever after book!
3.The Magic Room by Jeffey Zaslow. If you enjoyed The Girls from Ames, as I did, I think you will want to read this non fiction work. Mr Zaslow tells the story of a small town bridal shop and the family who runs it!
4.Ten Good and Bad Things About My Life by Ann M Martin.  My daughter and I read all the Babysitter books as well as Ms Martin's two book "Doll" series so when I saw that she had a new book coming out I wanted to read it.

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday. Bubba will be spending the day with me while Mom goes to the Pumpkin Patch Field Trip with Kendall.  So many fun things to do in Autumn!!

1 comment:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, I love that basket! So darling! I am going to check out that basket website. :)