Followers

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

 One of my favorite magazines is Southern Lady....and the November December issue is just eye candy!!
 I was excited to see that this month's edition featured several articles on Mooresville, Alabama. This is the oldest town in Alabama and is located about 20 minutes from my house. If you ever get the chance to visit this historic town, stop and take time to stroll the streets then have lunch at Limestone Bay, a neat neighborhood restaurant.  I have taken many pictures of my grandchildren there and local photographers use it all the time for its gorgeous settings.  If you saw the movie, Tom Sawyer, that was made in the 90s, Mooresville was used as the location of Tom Sawyer's hometown. A visit to Mooresville is like stepping back in time.
Now this pretty saltbox house belongs to my friend, Vene. She is quoted in the article, describing how she decorates her house in the Williamsburg style at Christmas.  Vene's house may look old but she and her husband built it in the mid 1980s. It is the prettiest house, filled with colonial charm. If I could have the "playhouse" of my dreams, it would look just like this! Christmas in Mooresville is really beautiful  and worth the trip to see this colonial town in North Alabama. For more information check out www.mooresvillealabama.com.

No comments: