Followers

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Well I forgot to take a picture of my Smashed Potatoes but the ones on Pinterest look just like the ones I prepared on Saturday so I will borrow their photo.

My husband loves boiled red potatoes. The rest of the family is not as enamored so I made some of smashed potatoes I had seen on Pinterest and they were yummy.This recipe is definitely a keeper.

Smashed Potatoes

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.(yes, it is a HOT oven)

Lay potatoes on a baking sheet( I used the roasting pan that came with my oven and that was perfect as you want it to be a bit deep)
Add 3/4 cup of water and cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes.
Remove from oven carefully...do not splash out that hot water although much has been used to steam the potatoes.
Cool for ten minutes. In a bowl toss potatoes with 3 T olive oil. Lay back out on Baking Sheet. Taking a cup, smash the potatoes. ( The fun part!! and I covered my baking sheet with foil before adding potatoes back to pan)Drizzle with three T olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.( You can also add herb seasoning at this point if you wish. I wanted plain potatoes so I eliminated the thyme the recipe called for) Bake on the top rack of your oven at 500 for 15 minutes, then move baking pan to lowest rack and bake for 25 minutes.

These are very crispy and tasty potatoes, best if eaten while hot!!

No comments: