Followers

Friday, October 12, 2012

Yesterday I had breakfast with three of my best friends.  We met at Cracker Barrel as usual...we browsed among all the Fall and Christmas goodies displayed in the Old Country Store before sitting down to eat.  This has been a hard year for me. I like to keep my blog my "happy place" so I will not go into detail but just leave it at that.  But these dear women who encourage me and pray for me have been such a blessing.  When I saw this "pin" on Pinterest, it reminded me of these lovely ladies.  When we have breakfast together we all share our experiences and we can laugh and cry at some of them. I am sure the other Cracker Barrel patrons wonder who those crazy ladies are!!

I did start my Christmas shopping yesterday and just having one gift put away makes me feel virtuous. Believe me, I have plenty more to buy!! I am grateful for the means to buy and make gifts of love for my family and friends.

And before leaving Cracker Barrel I picked up another Christmas item for my home. I had been eyeing a cute Gingerbread house that I knew the grands would love so I purchased it and put it in the car. When I picked Landon up at school, he told me that he really liked my candy house!!  Great minds think alike.

7 comments:

Dewilla Hooper said...

We ate at Cracker Barrel on my birthday, and I bought Dora a cute fist Christmas outfit and a Ginger bread purse girl to hang at my house, and it is already hanging on my mantle!

Dewilla Hooper said...

That should have read "first" Christmas!

Arlene Grimm said...

I am a sucker for Cracker Barrel!

Mrs.T said...

Oh how I love Cracker Barrel!! Am so thankful you could have a lovely time there with friends. And I love the saying you shared at the top of the post. So very true. Thanks for sharing it.

Arlene Grimm said...

Cracker Barrel has so many nice things at a reasonable price!! And they gift wrap too! Mrs T, where would we be without friends??? And that includes my sweet blog friends as well.

Mrs R said...

I love to linger in Cracker Barrel! Now is that gingerbread house an edible on or just one for pretty? Praying for you dear friend.

Arlene Grimm said...

Mrs R, it is a light up gingerbread house!! I will be posting a picture of it come Christmas.