Followers

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

 Here are the ornaments I made for the grands this year! They really do look pretty on the tree. I had seen similar ornaments on Pinterest and thought I could make some for myself.  I usually purchase an ornament for the grands every year so that when they are grown, they will have their own ornaments. I did that for my own children and I think it brings back many memories for them.  But I have been thinking instead of buying ornaments, I may just buy some big clear ornaments at Hobby Lobby and whip up four more of these.


Kendall and Landon were here yesterday and they loved the tree and they superloved the gingerbread house, although they did want to play with it. I had to explain it was for decoration only. But Kendall got busy and made a  paper gingerbread boy and girl, inspired by the pretty house. That girl loves crafting!!

And Landon kept asking me how long it was until Jesus' birthday....not Christmas, Jesus' birthday!!  I had placed some gifts that I had already wrapped under the tree and that sweet boy asked if those gifts were for Jesus.  I guess I got a good theology lesson yesterday and from a four year old no less. Out of the mouth of babes!!

1 comment:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, great job! They look so sweet. :)