Followers

Monday, November 12, 2012

I am thankful today for all the ones who have served through the years so that I can live in the land of the free and the home of the brave! My father and my father in law both served in the Army. My father served during the Korean Conflict with the Army Seahorses. He was stationed in Japan where he assisted on the boats that took the soldiers to Korea. My father in law was in WW2 where he served in the later part of the D Day invasion. He fought in the Battle of the Bulge and was among some of the US forces who liberated France and Germany.  He also went on to serve in Japan during the Korean Conflict. He and my father were there at the same time but at different bases.  Now my nephew, Will Grimm, is in the Army, serving as a 2nd Lt at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. Take a moment today to remember that freedom is not free.

1 comment:

Mrs R said...

Amen! I've never heard of the Army Seahorses before. Such a descriptive name for them.