Followers

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I found a new recipe that I wanted to share today. Our Sunday School Class enjoys coffee and snacks every Sunday before class begins and I am always on the lookout for something new to make and take! I came across this recipe in our ALFA insurance magazine that comes to our home each month. I like to read about the farmers and their farms but my favorite part of the magazine is the recipe page at the back of the periodical. When I saw the recipe for Sausage Egg and Cheese Muffins, I had to try them.
Everyone enjoyed them Sunday morning and using the aluminum tray made by my late mother in law, the muffins stayed nice and warm!( By the way, the tray was a Church Lady craft project...I love using mine!)

Sausage Egg and Cheese Muffins
1 cup Biquick
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/3 c sour cream
2/3 c milk
2 eggs..beaten
1/2 pound sausage..browned
Mix all ingredients and spoon into greased mini muffin pans. Bake at 350 for twenty to thirty minutes.( Mine took about 25 minutes) Yields 24 mini muffins.

I always follow the recipe the first time I try something but this time I decided to add a little something. Before putting my muffins in the oven, I sprinkled just a bit of grated cheese on each one. I think it makes them look prettier.  When I make this again, I might use hot sausage instead of regular, it would kick the taste up a notch if you like hot seasoning.  My favorite pork sausage to use in recipes is Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage. His sausage is not as greasy as some other brands and the taste is consistently good.  Last of all, I doubled this recipe and I had 48 muffins with a bit of batter left over...I stored it in the fridge and will bake it up soon.

With the holidays approaching, it is good to have some new appetizers to add to the old favorites.

No comments: