Followers

Saturday, November 3, 2012

 Here is my loot from an old fashioned Christmas Bazaar! Central UMC, where I used to teach preschool, hosted a Christmas Bazaar. It seems in our busy world there is not a lot of time for ladies to do handwork and baking so Bazaars as we knew them in our childhood are few and far between. I must say the ladies of Central really worked hard and presented buyers with all sorts of goodies. My plan was to get some Christmas gifts but I ended up buying things for myself!! The baked goodies include bread and cheese crisps...both are yummy!
 This beautiful baby quilt was just $15...it is made of squares of soft flannel and I know my grands will enjoy it for a "snuggle". No matter how old you are you can always enjoy a soft blankie.
 This little angel was made by my friend, Donna. Isn't it precious? This would be a good project for Nanas and grands....
 And here is a notecard with a picture of Central UMC. I purchased this to frame as a memento of my time as a teacher there.
And here is my blanket on this old "Sunday School" chair. When my husband's church updated their childrens department, they got rid of all the "old" things and my sweet mother in law, grabbed some for her children. These were the chairs they sat on at Sunday School when they were little. I did not do anything to mine but wash it off...I love all the wear and tear and it is still sturdy as sturdy can be. They do not make things like this chair anymore. I keep it in my living room for the grands to sit in. I just love how the blanket and the chair look as though they were made for each other.  And the little pillow says, Count Your Blessings. A good reminder for the new month of November!!

3 comments:

Dewilla Hooper said...

I have a couple of those old blue chairs, too. I love them!

Arlene Grimm said...

Don;t tell Lanier that you have two...she wants more!!lol...She always tries to get me to sell her mine!! Like that is happening.:)

Mrs R said...

Arlene, you struck gold at the church bazaar! I like the way the chair looks as it is. Lots of memories!