Followers

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Isn't this a pretty picture from my parent's farm in North Georgia? My niece, Laura, posted it on her Facebook page yesterday and I had to "steal" it for my blog.  The mountains in the distance are shrouded in the clouds.  I liked this photograph so much that I made it my screensaver for this month.

Today the besties and I are heading out to Hillsboro, Alabama to have lunch at Dot's Soul Food. It is Susan's birthday so she gets to choose where we will celebrate.  If you cannot eat a true "southern" lunch at Mama's house, then Dot's is the next best thing.  We also talked of taking in a tour of the Joe Wheeler Home that has just been refurbished and is now open to the public.  Joe Wheeler was a general in the Civil War and is well known in these parts for his large plantation in Lawrence County.  Lawrence County is still a big farming county in Alabama. If you want to see some pretty fields of cotton growing in the summer sun, Lawrence County is the place to find it. But in the early fall when you smell the defoliant in the air, you know you will soon see beautiful white fields of cotton...stretching as far as the eye can see. It is a beautiful sight to behold. Those fields, with the cotton ready to pick always remind me of the Bible verse about the fields being white unto harvest!!

And once I get home from my leisure time, I will be making cookies for our Mops meeting tomorrow morning. We are going to have a craft morning and that is one of my favorite activities.  I will post some pictures of our handiwork!

Friends are truly a blessing and another thing that I am thankful for in this month of Thanksgiving!

No comments: