Followers

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Kendall colored this cute picture for me last year. I have been meaning to get it laminated but alas that has not happened.  I have plans today to get ready for Thanksgiving by doing some cleaning and organizing. I made a grocery run yesterday and already I have realized that I need to make another trip. Even with my extensive list, I forgot a few things.

And another chore for today is getting out my Christmas Ironstone that we use every year during the holiday season. Marvin's parents gave us a set when we were a young family and they added a bit each year so we have a nice set of dishes. One or two have chips but we have been very careful with it as it is no longer produced here.  I use my mother in law's china on Thanksgiving Day so I need to make sure I have that all ready for Thursday as well.  Mama G always kept her wedding china on display in her china cabinet and as far as I can remember it was never used. I decided that when I inherited it, we would use it for special holiday dinners to honor her memory.

Off to get busy!! Have a wonderful weekend.


2 comments:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, I'm not familiar with Christmas Ironstone. Would you please post a picture whenever you have a spare moment? I have some holiday Pfaltzgraff that I will break out after Thanksgiving. It does feel special. :)

Arlene Grimm said...

I will try to do that Mrs R....it is a simple ironstone with a Christmas tree on it but special to us.