Followers

Friday, November 16, 2012

The Bible tells us that a cheerful heart is good medicine and last night Marvin and I took a dose as we went to our local Princess Theater to see a comedy show presented by Henry Cho. Henry is one of those rare things, a comedian who keeps his comedy clean. He talks of normal everyday things and makes it funny. He reminds me a bit of Bill Cosby.  Before Mr Cho came to the stage, two young men did a warmup and they were also funny and had the audience ready for the main event.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that the theater was full. I guess there are lots of people who need a good laugh.

At the end of the program, Henry showed us some tshirts and other merchandise but then he let us know that all the proceeds go to two missions that he supports. One was a mission group who digs wells in Africa and the other supports a young boy and his brothers who live in the Dominican Republic.  Despite his funny nature you can tell that Henry Cho has a heart for people!

Among some of Mr Cho's funny lines...

We named our sons Grant and Jackson because we knew they were going to fight.

I was born and raised in Knoxville, Tennessee. I was the only Asian in town...I did not know that I was supposed to be smart. In college everyone wanted to copy off my paper until they realized I was not smart. I explained to them that "hey, I was born here".

He had the whole audience laughing as he described meeting his wife and her family. They are from a small town not far from Decatur, named Arab.( A Rab) It was a bit of a culture clash to say the least.

If you get an opportunity to go to one of Henry Cho's shows,  take the time and go! It was well worth the money spent on an evening out.

No comments: