Followers

Thursday, November 15, 2012

With Thanksgiving on the horizon, I thought I would share this picture of Marvin's mom, aunt and grandmother cooking together.  All three of these dear ladies have gone on to heaven and all are missed, especially on holidays.

  Thanksgiving in the south is not complete without turkey and dressing. Most southern cooks do not stuff their birds but make the dressing and bake it in its own dish.  The aroma of celery and onions cooking in butter, always makes me think of Thanksgiving!  So on my menu this year will be turkey breasts (my family is not big on the dark meat) dressing,gravy, macaroni and cheese, sweet potato casserole, daughter in law Nancy's broccoli, corn, orange salad, and rolls. For dessert we will have apple pie and sweet potato cream cheese pie made by son Charles as well as a new pinterest recipe for pecan pie bars. It will be a feast with many thankful hearts around the table!

When I was a little girl, we spent most Thanksgivings with my Tankersley Grandparents. My grandparents did not have a big house but that did not keep their four adult children and their families away. It was a full house but I remember the fun we had with all the cousins together, playing and fussing.  I love to see my grandchildren playing together. It brings back so many sweet memories! Today I am thankful for my four sweet blessings named Kendall, Landon, Margaret and Baylor!!

2 comments:

Dewilla Hooper said...

Do you have a year for this picture? Is that on Oleander or on 31st Street? It looks like Oleander.
Great picture!!

Arlene Grimm said...

No year is listed... Marvin thought it was at your house or maybe Mina's house on Columbus.