Followers

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

 The Alabama Shakespeare Festival shared these pictures from Saturday's performance on their Facebook Page so I borrowed them to share with you!  It truly was a magical play. I am sure you all recognize Scrooge and Tiny Tim in this photo.
 Here is Charles Dickens!! He narrated the play and he also did some magic tricks. Apparently Charles Dickens was an amateur magician as well as being a writer.
 Marley and Scrooge....I was afraid this would scare some of the children in the audience but I did not hear any crying or screaming!
One of my favorite scenes was the afterhours dance at Fezziwig's store.  You can see Scrooge and the ghost of Christmas past at the right rear of the stage.

Facebook comments regarding this production were very positive. I think everyone who attended the play went away satisfied that they got their money's worth!!

2 comments:

Mrs R said...

Yikes Marley looks scary. Love all the costumes.

Arlene Grimm said...

It was such a fun afternoon!