Followers

Thursday, December 6, 2012

At this time 34 years ago today, I became a first time mother! Our son, Benjamin Anton, was born at UT Medical Center in Knoxville, Tn. No one can prepare you for the love you feel for your baby. Instant Love all bundled up in a blanket.  I was from a family of girls so I was not sure what I was going to do with a baby boy but I found that I could manage. After a rocky start due to colic, Ben was a happy boy. He said his first word at nine months old and showed us that he was one bright little one. By the time his sister was born when he was just 19 months old, he was talking in sentences and loving his "sisty".  He was born with a strong will that served him well as he grew up. This young man has made us very proud to call him our son. Now he is a dad to Margaret and Baylor and I love to see the tenderness he displays toward his own little ones. The circle of life continues to turn!!

2 comments:

Mrs R said...

Arlene,

A belated happy birthday to your sweet Ben. Doesn't it just seem like yesterday? Love your post about the circle of life. :)

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Mrs R....He has been a joy and delight to our family.