Followers

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

If you are looking for an easy treat or something to make and take to your neighbors, I want to suggest this easy fudge recipe. Over the years, I have tried all kinds of fudge recipes with varying degrees of success but I have finally found one that turns out great every time, tastes yummy and is very easy!!

Easy Fudge

3 cups of chocolate chips( I like to use two cups of chocolate chips and 1 cup of butterscotch chips...it still tastes like chocolate fudge but with a depth of flavor as Ina Garten would say!)
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
dash of salt
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all the ingredients together in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir until thoroughly combined. Pour into an 8  inch pan that is lined with buttered foil. Put in fridge to set up, then cut into small squares and serve!! Easy Peasy!  If you like nuts in your fudge, simply chop up 1/2 to 1 cup of nuts and stir into the fudge before placing it in foil lined pan.

I always try to make my fudge on a day when it is not raining. Dampness in the air and candy making do not go together!!  I still have some treats to make for Christmas but I am in the home stretch for being ready for the big day!

3 comments:

Rachel O. said...

Yes yes please!! I'm a disaster when it comes to baking and making yummy treats, but it doesn't stop me from trying! I've always wanted to make a good, nice fudge. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe!

city said...

thanks for sharing.

Mrs.T said...

I will try this, Arlene! Maybe not right away as we still have lots of fudge around, but I am definitely going to try it. I like the idea of using the 1 cup of butterscotch chips in with the chocolate. Thanks for sharing!