Followers

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Yesterday I received a Christmas Card from my nursing school roommate, Karen. She is now on Facebook so we are now Facebook Friends. It was good to see her sweet face and to catch up with all her children.

Karen is someone I have always looked up to as her life has always been a witness for those around her. She was such an encouragement to me in nursing school. We spent many hours studying and working together. We both got married the summer after we finished nursing school. I was a bridesmaid in Karen's wedding and she was my matron of honor. Years passed and we both moved in different directions but we tried to keep in touch usually through Christmas Cards.  Karen was a busy pastor's wife, homeschooling her six children. Due to an unfortunate series of events, Karen went through a divorce. It was devastating to her...not in her plans for her life. But God was good and directed her steps as she went back to work in order to raise her children.  Now those children are grown, one is a physician, one is in med school, one is in nursing school, one is heading to the mission field in April and two are business women.  As my own sweet husband put it, Karen should win Mother of the Year.  Karen's life has not been easy but her faith in God is strong. I still look up to her!! We are hoping to meet for lunch in February when she is visiting her mom and dad.  I can hardly wait to see her. She is one of those friends that you can just pick up with as if you had seen each other yesterday!  Make new friend but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold. Karen is one of my GOLD friends!!

No comments: