Followers

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Can you say SAD? Seasonal Affective Disorder is bothering several people I know here in North Alabama. After four days of rain and more in the forecast, we southerners are ready for some sunshine. I have to admit that I like a rainy day now and then, especially if I do not have to get out in the rain. I light a candle, watch a movie or read a book and just vegetate. I have done all those things and I am ready to see the sun shining!!  The morning paper is now saying we might get some ice tomorrow morning. That I can do without!!! Ice brings the whole valley to a standstill and causes so much damage to trees and power lines. I am hoping the weather forecasters are wrong.

I have had a chance to watch some of the new dvds I got for Christmas and I have enjoyed getting to know a new British program, Rosemary and Thyme. Felicity Kendall is one of the stars of the program and I loved her in Good Neighbors, a Britcom filmed in the 70s. All I can say is she is very genetically blessed. She still looks amazing. The other star is Pam Ferris. You may remember Pam from the Harry Potter movie, Prisoner of Azkaban. She was the aunt that Harry 'blew up" like a balloon!! Ms Ferris also plays Sister Evangelina on Call the Midwife. In Rosemary and Thyme, these two ladies play plant experts who solve murders.  If you enjoyed Murder She Wrote, you will enjoy Rosemary and Thyme.

Well, time to get busy doing some chores around the house. Maybe that will lift my spirits!!:)

1 comment:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, I will have to check it out. I absolutely loved Call the Midwives! :-)