Followers

Friday, January 4, 2013

I enjoyed getting out yesterday. Around noon, the sun came out bringing with it some warmer temperatures. That always makes me feel better. It has been very dreary in North Alabama this week. I had some Christmas money and I had decided how to spend it so I went to Staples to look for a protector for my Ipad. I have had it for a year, but with the grands using it, I decided Mr Ipad needed something to protect him from being dropped and broken! I found just what I was looking for and I have found I enjoy using my Ipad more with the foamy protector in place. It makes it easier to hold and if Nana is reading her Kindle in bed and falls asleep, I do not have to worry about it falling on the floor!! And I have had many books that have tumbled out of bed. Marvin teases me that if I have a book and my blankie, I am asleep within minutes.

I then had lunch with the girls at one of our favorite restaurants, Cafe 113. We sat at our favorite table, decorated with Gone with the Wind photos under the glass that protects the table. We all enjoy lunch with Rhett Butler! My friend, Deborah, brought me a Mary Engelbreit Day Planner. She knows how much I love ME.  Good friends know us inside and out and love us anyway. I am so thankful for Deborah and Susan and their loyal friendship.

After lunch, I checked out my favorite consignment store and found several things. Then on to Target to roam the aisles. My favorite aisle at Target is the dollar bins at the front of the store. I found some Valentine crafts to do with Kendall.  And I found some Valentine M&Ms!

Today is grocery day and I will stop at Walgreens to pick up my photo order. I try to order my photos at the end of each month so I can put them in my photo albums. I have one album for me and one for each grandchild. My mother did photo albums for each of my children and those albums are some of my favorite pictures of the kiddos. So I decided I would do the same thing for my grands.  It is a lovely and loving tradition.


1 comment:

Mrs R said...

Arlene,

Great minds think alike! I wrote about Valentine's crafts a little while ago. I'm sorry my blog was "under construction" when you stopped by. I've put the welcome mat out for you now! :-)