Followers

Thursday, January 31, 2013

I finished up the second book in the Divergent series, Insurgent. It was good but not as good as Divergent.  There were parts that made me scratch my head and ponder over where the author was going with the story. The ending is a cliff hanger which will be tied up in the last book in the trilogy which is due to be published next year. Hope I can remember all the facts of book one and two before three comes out!! If you are over 50 you can probably identify with me.:)  Now I am reading Bundle of Trouble by Diana Orgain. It is a cozy mystery series I stumbled across on Paperback Swap. Kate Connolly is a new mom, hoping to find a way to stay home with baby Laurie. She cannot bear to go back to being a cubicle queen at the office where she works. So she considers becoming a private investigator to bring in some income while staying home with her baby. Of course it helps that her mom lives nearby and is willing to baby sit at a moment's notice. The book is well written and I am enjoying it so far. After all the stress of Divergent and Insurgent I needed some light reading!  Now it looks like our library will be closed until the end of February so I have ordered several books from Paperback Swap. One is Brideshead Revisited. I remember when this was a mini series on television but I did not watch it so the novel is new to me. It is one of those, "If you like Downton Abbey you will like this" book.  And speaking of Downton Abbey...Sunday evening's program was so sad. I have to remind myself that this is just a story but I have really gotten caught up in the lives of Mr Julian Fellowes characters. In fact, Marvin and I both are hooked on this show so that makes me feel a bit better about my addiction. It is not very often that my physicist husband gets hooked on a tv series.

The BFFs and I are off to have lunch at the All Wright Pastry Shop here in Decatur. And they do sell more than pastries but I could eat several of their delicious cinnamon rolls!  Have a blessed day friends.

1 comment:

Mrs R said...

Oh Cinnamon Rolls! A weakness of mine! What a cute name for a pastry shop.

It was delightful to speak to you on the phone today.

I'm all set with the new blog. You and yours are cordially invited. :-)